Production on this game had just begun when I started at Guerrilla. I was hired to help out with general cinematics work, most of it was still done in-house. As the project neared its deadline, I got more involved in the technical side of the spectrum; from scripting to let movies and vignettes run smoothly -- to helping out fixing bugs in various tools until I adopted parts of the pipeline.
- Camera and vehicle animation.
- Mocap cleanup and facial animation
- Cinematics integration (game scripting, debugging,
- Tracktor, a compact alternative for Maya's Trax, speeding up cinematics animation and management. Written in C# and MEL (later in Python)
- Sequence Exporter adopted. Maya tool that takes an .mb file and converts it into a game-ready sequence resource including all the animation.
- Technical support for animators and game designers.
- Translator between code/tools and art for features and to identify problems